Carly Pearce and Lee Brice’s “I Hope You’re Happy Now,” which was produced by the late busbee, has been named CMA Musical Event of the Year. The news was announced on Good Morning America prior to the CMA Awards on Nov. 11 at 7 p.m. CT.
Carly and Lee reached the top of both the Mediabase chart and Billboard Country Airplay chart in June with “I Hope You’re Happy Now.” Penned by Carly, Luke Combs, Jonathan Singleton and Randy Montana, “I Hope You’re Happy Now” is featured on Carly’s self-titled sophomore album, which was released in February.
The win represents both Carly and Lee’s first CMA Award, while it is the second trophy for busbee, who passed away in September 2019.
CMA Musical Event of the Year
- “10,000 Hours” – Dan + Shay (with Justin Bieber), Producer: Dan Smyers
- “Be A Light” – Thomas Rhett featuring Reba McEntire, Hillary Scott, Chris Tomlin, Keith UrbanProducer: Dann Huff
- “The Bones” – Maren Morris with Hozier, Producer: Greg Kurstin
- “Fooled Around And Fell In Love” – Miranda Lambert (feat. Maren Morris, Elle King, Ashley McBryde, Tenille Townes & Caylee Hammack), Producer: Jay Joyce
- “I Hope You’re Happy Now” – Carly Pearce and Lee Brice, Producer: busbee WINNER
photos by Tammie Arroyo, AFF-USA.com